Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[BUG] Turn Order bug when updating token turn using &{tracker:+}

Edited 1386912838
Sam
Sheet Author
Weird bug confirmed whether using inline rolls or normal rolls. Create a macro that does " /roll 1d20 + 5 &{tracker:+} " Open the turn order tracker Select a token on the Object layer Add it to the turn order tracker either manually or clicking the turn macro. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with different tokens so you have at least 2 with different initiative values. Click any token, on the object layer, then click your turn macro a couple of times. The token's initiative value updates correctly. Move any token in the turn order. Click any token, on the object layer, then click your turn macro a couple of times. BUG - The result from the turn order macro is now being appended to the selected token's initiative value instead of incrementing it. Repeating the above steps except replacing the "+" with a "-" causes expected, and correct, results.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Bah, you had to go and break it didnt ya!? Ok, Ill take a look. :)

Edited 1386913673
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, I have simplified the steps to: 1) Create a macro with the name Turn and the body /r +1 &{tracker:+} 2) Add 3 tokens to the turn order and set each one to a different value (such as 3, 5, and 7). 3) Use the turn macro a few times on the three tokens. It will advance the value incrementally upwards. 4) Rearrange the turn order (either manually or via ascending/descending). 5) Use the turn macro a few times on any token. Instead of incrementing the value it will append the value with a "1" afterwards. Example: 5 becomes 51 and then 511 etc. Note: /r -1 &{tracker:-} and /r +1 &{tracker:-} will work correctly (incrementing upwards or downwards respectively) even after the Turn Order has been rearranged. Bug report filed with the Devs.

Edited 1386914281
Sam
Sheet Author
Thank you Gauss, that really does simplify it. I just tried out your band-aid with a more realistic situation by doing /roll -1*(1d20+5) &{tracker:-}. What I found was that it works correctly in most cases but there was a moment where even using your /roll -1 &{tracker:-} the result would append instead of increment. It seemed to have happened when I manually moved the token in question down the turn order list instead of up it. I first saw it when my roll, then I tried yours and they both were appending. But, once I was looking for the exact reproduce case, whatever the underlying error was must have resolved itself because I was unable to reproduce it using either roll after that.

Edited 1387156470
Gauss
Forum Champion
This should be fixed on the Dev server in the next Dev server update.
Sam
Sheet Author
Awesome, how long does it usually take for dev server updates to migrate to the live server?
Samuel T. said: Awesome, how long does it usually take for dev server updates to migrate to the live server? It should be fixed as of now.
Sam
Sheet Author
Way to go Riley! You're the man!